1. the act of progressing; forward or onward movement.
2. a passing successively from one member of a series to the next;succession; sequence.
3. Mathematics. a succession of quantities in which there is a constantrelation between each member and the one succeeding it.
4. Music. the manner in which chords or melodic tones follow oneanother; a succession of chords or tones.
5. Astrology. any of a variety of methods of comparing the natal chart tosubsequent planetary positions in order to establish an optimum timeto accomplish things or to establish the probable time an eventoccurred or will occur.